Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Football Food Tailgate Recipe Contest!


Ok, yesterday I was going to gloat about New England Patriot’s football. I was going to send out dozens of “I Told You So” emails. I was going to dream about winning the season ticket holder’s lottery for Super Bowl tickets. I was going to dig out my “Bury the Bears” t-shirt. I was going to put off my diet for another two weeks. I was going to do a lot of things and none of them involved eating crow.

Anyway, I really can say noting to defend my beloved Patriots. Some die hard New England fans are crying conspiracy. Convinced that the NFL did not want the Pats in another championship and instructed the officials to make sure they lost. I am not quite ready to go that far. For one thing if is true...I really don’t know what to say if it is true. That’s just silly. I’ll stick to complaining about bad calls and poor receivers. Regardless of any blame they lost. And all I can do now is hope the pretty boy pony chokes on bear meat.

Even though my Patriots finished their season early, Super Bowl Sunday is still one of the greatest days of the year. I am, however, still waiting for congress to declare Super Bowl Monday a national day of rest and give tired fans a day off from work. No matter what teams are lucky enough to travel to Miami this year, Super Bowl Sunday is a fantastic excuse cook up some tasty BBQ and tailgate treats. I have a pretty good menu planned for game day, but I need some new recipes to try. I figure we still have a couple of weeks left before the game and maybe someone out there (my two of devoted readers-- thanks mom & dad) might have some new tailgate recipes for me to try.

So here is my call for football food recipes. If anyone wants to enter a family favorite into my little contest just email (jonathan@uglygourmet.com) to me or contact me here by Friday February 2nd and I will post your recipes by Saturday night. If it’s a short easy one feel free to leave it as a comment. Images are welcome; just make sure they are a reasonable size. The idea is to make a fun collection of tailgate recipes for all to enjoy. I’ll even make it interesting and offer a prize from UglyGourmet.com to the person with the best or most creative tailgate recipe. I’ll let you know what the prize will be in the next few days. As for picking the winner, well I think I will leave that up to Anthony. He will act the sole judge for this contest.

Prizes are shipped via UPS ground and only to addresses in the continental United States. UPS will not deliver to a post office box, so physical addresses only please.


P.S. Comments about any of the NFL playoff games are encouraged and welcome.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CloudAppalooza said...

Very depressing AFC Title Game. At half time I was so looking forward to Monday Morning and how all of those who picked against the Pats would defend themselves. Then came half number 2. Enough of that. My food entry for the Super Bowl: HELLISH RELISH and DEVIL PICKLES! Add the pickles to a relish tray to cleanse the pallet between courses. OR, use the hellish relish on main courses like hot dogs and Ugly Gourmet's famous Patriots Pulled Pork "Sam-iches" or a new discoery of mine; log on to uglygourmet.com and get a bottle of Georgia Peach/Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce to spice up tacos. Awesome!
http://uglygourmet.com/devilpickles.html

10:04 PM  
Blogger GrillJunkie said...

As NE Patriot Fans ourselves, we felt it only fitting to submit this recipe. Pats in '07!

Patriot Burger (a.k.a. Red White and Blue Burger

This is a great red, white and blue burger. For those of us that are New England Patriot fans feel free to change the name accordingly!

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons ketchup, lettuce, in leaves – romaine or iceberg work well
large tomato, sliced
hamburger buns - sesame seeded work well

PREPARATION:
Combine ground beef, blue cheese, onion and ketchup. Form into patties. Grill to desired doneness. Place on buns and top with lettuce and tomato slices.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home