Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Super Easy Grilled Chicken and Balsamic Salsa

What is the first thought you have in the morning? You know, after your coffee. Do you think about work, hitting the driving range after work or getting all of you errands done before the family gets home? Me, I think about dinner. In fact everything I do seems to revolve around food. I grew up believing my family should gather together every evening around the dinner table. In reality, today's world is often too fast paced to spend a couple hours a night in the kitchen preparing and cleaning up. Anyway, during the week I do everything I can to make simple, quick and clean meals. And above all I do my best to cook everything outside on the grill. There are few things better than watching Anthony play in the yard (and now on his new play set) while I cook dinner.



The Chicken: The beauty of owning a store that specializes in gourmet BBQ and fiery foods is my endless supply of flavored filled shakers and jars. I use every product I sell, especially during the week when I don't have time to make my own.

4 Large Chicken breasts
4 Tbs Mary's Cherry Rub
½ Cup Ole Ray's Apple Cinnamon BBQ Sauce

1. Clean, dry and trim chicken
2. Coat liberally with Mary's Cherry Rub
3. Light charcoal and preheat grill for 10 to 15 minutes
4. Grill chicken over high heat for approximately 7 minutes
5. Turn over, brush with BBQ sauce and grill for another 7 minutes
6. Turn over, brush with BBQ sauce and grill for another 2 minutes
7. Turn over, brush with BBQ sauce and grill for a final 2 minutes

8. Serve with Balsamic Salsa Salad and a little extra sauce on the side.

Cooking times will vary. The chicken is done when NO PINK is visible when the chicken is cut.


Balsamic Salsa Salad: Believe it or not this is one of Anthony's favorite dishes. When he is around I leave out the walnuts and when he is not around I like to add a mince of jalapeno or a shot of hot sauce.

½ Cup Red Onion Diced
1 Pint/Package Grape Tomatoes Halved
½ Cup Each Yellow and Orange Bell Pepper
½ Cup of Apple Diced
¼ Cup Diced Carrot
¼ Toasted Walnuts
Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Pinch of Cumin
¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Toss everything together and let marinate for 30 minutes. Serve at room temperature. Great in sandwiches and for a quick lunch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I have similar feelings about napping that you have about food.

Chris (My Blog)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home