Monday, June 12, 2006

BBQ, Baseball and Possibly a Hot Dog


The coal wars have turned into the weather wars here in New England. This past weekend was a wash again as on Saturday, my only free day, it poured yet again. Sunday was a wonderful day as we celebrate the birth of my cousin’s second daughter. With no time to fire up the pit I am left with little new BBQ news to share. I did receive my next sample of lump on Friday and am impatiently awaiting an opportunity to light it up. With any luck Mother Nature will allow me outside this weekend. Next in the line up is Royal Oak. Actually, I will be burning their food service label, Nature-Glo.

On a BBQ note tonight is my annual trip to McCoy Stadium for a little Triple-A baseball action. The Pawtucket Red Sox are facing the Richmond Braves for the last game of a homestand. The best part about this trek from Boston is our pre-game dinning ritual held at Wes’ Rib House in Providence, RI. A little Missouri style BBQ is on the menu, which for me means ribs, ribs and more ribs. I will let you know how the meal goes ASAP. If my memory serves me well their fare is pretty good, but it has been a year and I feel some research in needed to be sure.

*Picture borrowed from http://www.wesribhouse.com/index.html (retrieved 6-12-06)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home